Thursday, December 10, 2009

Records I Stole From My Father - Pt.6


The Spencer Davis Group - 'It Hurts Me So' 1965

Another crackly piece of vinyl that has seen better days. The cover of this LP is also going mouldy, so it's joined the 'pile of shame' quarantine area in my record room. The British Invasion might have been a big deal in other record collections, but not much of it made it into our household. In fact, I think this is the only Invasion record that made it. My Dad has one album by The Beatles, but it's 'The Beatles Again' (a 1970 compilation) and I don't think that counts. The line-up on this album features a young Steve Winwood - not that the name rang many bells when i was growing up. I did think it was kind of amusing he had a relation (older brother) in the band called Muff though. Muff went onto to be a producer and A&R guy. He was responsible for twiddling the knobs on Dire Straits' debut album, but managed to redeem himself by signing The Psychedelic Furs and Sade to Columbia Records in the early 80s.

golden mouldy

No comments: